On The Town
October 12 - October 28, 2018
Northbrook Theatre, 3323 Walters Ave Northbrook, IL 60062
ON THE TOWN, the energetic wartime musical about three sailors on a 24-hour leave in New York City, features thrilling music by Leonard Bernstein with playful lyrics and book by Betty Comden and Adolph Green. The show’s celebrated score includes a number of musical theatre standards, including "Come Up to My Place," "I Can Cook, Too," "Some Other Time" and "New York, New York."
Principal Roles - The Three Sailors:
Ozzie - Ages 22 – 42 Vocal range: Character baritone, F flat to C. Ozzie is the most worldly and most interested in meeting a girl for a fling during his day in the city
Chip - Ages 18 - 32. Vocal range: Baritone, G flat to G. Chip is the most naive and the one least interested in meeting a girl for a fling during his day in the City.
Gabey - Ages 22 - 42. Vocal range: Baritone, G flat to G. Gabey is the most prone to being a romantic.
Principal Roles – The Three Girls:
- Ages 22 – 32. Soprano, low F to high C. Clair de Loone is a self-described “cold blood scientist,” an anthropologist to be precise who cannot control her impulses.
- Ages 20 – 32. Mezzo-soprano, low A to high G. Hildy is a cab driver who is desperately hungry for a man.
- Ages: 22 – 32. Mezzo-soprano, low C to high G. Ivy Smith is "Miss Turnstiles", and she is by turns an innocent as well as someone who is a bit conniving as she tries to get ahead.
Other Singing Roles:
- Ages 40 – 65. Mezzo-soprano, C to high E flat. Madame Dilly is Ivy’s singing teacher and very much a lush. She provides comic relief and is a bit of a conniver. Strong comedic presence.
- Ages 35 – 65. Bass. Judge Pitkin is engaged to Clair de Loone. He is a bit too understanding of Clair’s problems with man.
Diana / Dolores:
- Ages 22 – 35. Soprano. Diana Dream and Dolores Dolores are nightclub singers.
- Bass. Opens the show with the soulful lament, "I Feel Like I’m Not Out of Bed Yet."
- Ages 30 – 65. Bass. Rajah is the MC for a dancing show featuring Ivy. Will double as Miss Turnstiles announcer.
Male and Female Ensemble Parts both speaking and dancing
Signup for Auditions
Producer - Bradley A. Rose
Producer - David Shaw
Director and Choreographer - Dina DiCostanzo
Music Director and Conductor - Aaron Kaplan
Stage Manager - Erin Versosky
Scenic Director - Erin Hunter
Costume Designer - Alicia Biewer
Props Mistress - Carol Lee Wax
Saturday, July 21 – 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
CALLBACKS – Monday, July 23 – starting at 6:00 PM
West Ridge Center - 636 Ridge Road, HP
All roles available for ages 14 and older
Please prepare 16 bars of a song to sing and bring sheet music in the key you plan to sing in
Rehearsal begin in early August. Specific dates/times TBD
Tuesday, July 17 – 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM
October 14, 21, 28 at 2:00 PM
October 12, 13, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27 at 7:30 PM